Glendalough Terms and Conditions
GLENDALOUGH - CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The hiring contract is between the hirer and the owner of the property and shall become effective when written confirmation of a booking has been despatched to the hirer.
2. When the booking confirmation has been despatched the hirer is responsible for the total price shown on the confirmation invoice.
3. Should the outstanding balance not be paid by the due date, the booking will be deemed to be cancelled and the deposit forfeit. The owner shall be free to re-let the property for the period.
4 Pets: One well-behaved dog will be accepted. At no time should your pet be allowed on the furniture or beds. Please do not leave your pet unattended in the holiday home.
5 The owner shall not be liable for any death, personal injury, loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever caused (including negligence as defined by S1(1) Unfair Contract Terms Act)
6. The number of persons which can be accommodated is clearly stated. The property is therefore equipped for that number. On occasions this number may be exceeded but only with the permission of the owner. If the number of persons occupying the property exceeds the designated number without the necessary permission the booking automatically becomes null and void and would terminated any responsibility of the owner to fulfil the hire contract and could result in the owner refusing to allow continued occupation of the holiday home.
7. The hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that no member of his party is or causes a nuisance or annoyance to the owners or occupiers of neighbouring property or causes damage to that property.
8. The hirer shall not cause or permit behaviour on the property which is illegal, immoral or inherently dangerous.
9. The hirer shall permit the owner to enter and inspect the property at any time.
10. The hirer shall indemnify the owner for any loss suffered by him arising out of the occupancy of the hirer and his party arising out of any breach of this agreement.
11. The hirer shall not do or permit anything which would endanger the owners policy of insurance in respect of the property or which might make the same void or voidable.
12. Bookings by persons under the age of 18 years cannot be accepted.
13. The hirer shall be responsible for the good keeping of the property . We make every effort to ensure the home and its contents are in a clean and tidy condition; you are therefore requested to leave the home in a similar condition.
14. The owner reserves the right to refuse to hand over for occupation to a person or persons who in the opinion of the owner is not suitable to take charge.
15. Damage or breakages occurring during the letting period shall be the responsibility of the hirer. All breakages shall be replaced immediately at the hirers expense. Damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings should be notified immediately to the owners.
16. LINEN: Duvets, pillows and blankets and bed linen are provided. The hirer shall supply towels and tea-towels EXCEPT when hire has been arranged and paid for. Where parents consider that it may be necessary would they please provide suitable waterproof protective sheeting in order to avoid irreparable damage to the bedding.
17. Availability: the booking is made on the understanding that the property is available and will be placed at the disposal of the hirer on the dates stated. If the owner is prevented because of circumstances outside his control (e.g. theft, fire, flood damage) the booking payments will be refunded in full but you will have no claim against the owner or booking agent.
18. This Contract of Hire shall be for holiday purposes only and shall not confer upon the hirer any right of occupation within the meaning of the Housing Act 1988 or any statutory modification thereof.
19. If the hirer is not entirely satisfied with the accommodation offered he should contact the owner immediately so that an inspection can be made at the earliest opportunity whilst you are in residence at the property. Please note that no inspection can or will be made when other holidaymakers are occupying the property.
20. HOUSING ACT: Holiday lettings are exempt from security of tenure.
21. Smoking is permitted OUTSIDE ONLY.